Wednesday, April 29, 2015

A Day Off and an Early Spring Bike Ride

Today, I had the day off from work.  The weather was lovely, so I decided to ignore housework (well, I got some laundry in, and put a load of dishes in the dishwasher... that counts, right?) and go out for a nice long bike ride.

I did about a 12 1/2 mile bike ride.  My app quit halfway through my ride, so I'm relying on Google Maps to tell me how long the ride was.  It took about an hour and a half.  I am so slow right now..

I've got an appointment to get Penelope a tune-up in two weeks.  There's a great little bike shop in town that specializes in Vintage bicycles.  There's a click when I'm pedaling.  I'm sure that she could use some good maintenance.  I'm not going to blame my lack of speed all on the need for a tune-up, though. 

I'm heavier than I was when I was at peak biking form.  Heavier = slower.  I'm hoping that biking again helps to lighten my load, so to speak.

Anyhow, I wasn't hurrying today.  I was just taking a little test ride. 

What a ride it was.
Spot the snake
Not only was the  weather perfect, but I saw some great nature.  There was a young garter snake slithering across the path.

There were some lovely wildflowers by the bike path.


The mountains across the lake were magnificent.


Possibly best of all, there was a nesting pair of ospey in a newly cleared lot, working on making a nest on a telephone pole.  They were so close, and simply majestic.  There were other birds along the way, too, but the osprey were the best.

I look forward to my next bike ride.  Will it be to work?  I don't know.. but it will be soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment