Saturday, May 14, 2016

A new season, some new rides

So... It's been a long time since I've posted.  Last summer, I injured my knee doing something entirely separate from biking, and was not able to bike after the last post here.  It was so sad.  The summer was glorious and practically begging for biking.  I felt hobbled.  I know that biking can be good for your knees, but I really needed to rest it.  It was hard, but I'm glad I did... Now I am back on Penelope, with no pain at all, and raring to go!



The first bike ride of the season was last Tuesday.  It was a beautiful afternoon, and I decided to go out for a jaunt after work.  It was a quick 6.5 mile ride, down to the bike path and back.  Penelope wanted to go further, but I knew it was probably a good idea to not go full force on my first ride.

Besides, I needed new padded bike shorts.  Yes, they are a thing, and YES, they are a great idea.

Bonus - wildflowers next to the bike path!

That first ride whet my whistle and I went out on Wedenesday after work, too - this was about a 5 mile ride, though I forgot to start logging, so I'm not entirely sure.  I had to hurry home for sometime with the kiddos, but I needed to get a little ride in.

I liked the silhouette here. 

Thursday was totally glorious weather, and I had the day off, but again, sans padded bike shorts, I decided to keep the ride short and sweet - about 4.5 miles, to look at the beach, and then back.

Yesterday, my padded bike shorts came in.

Today, I am not working until 8.

I woke up nice and early.

It isn't supposed to start raining until way after I am done work...

I am going to get on Penelope and just keep going!  Welcome, Spring!  Let's make this season a great one.

No comments:

Post a Comment