Sunday, May 15, 2016

First Day Riding to Work! 5.14.16

I was pretty sure it was going to rain... the forecast all week was calling for it.

I woke up this morning, and the sun was beginning to come up.  I decided to check the weather, and it looked like the rain was forecasted to hold off until way later in the day... so, it was a bike day!

My new padded bicycle shorts came in yesterday, and man, are they great.  Made a huge difference!

The morning ride was simply glorious.  Just beautiful out.  I saw a big bunny on the bike path at one point.  I love seeing the wildlife!

The ride from my house into the city is pretty easy and simply beautiful.  It's when I leave the bike path that the challenging part comes.  This hill... this hill is my nemesis.  Little 3-speed bikes don't like steep hills.  I walked up half of this hill today.

I made it to work in just about an hour, which is pretty normal for me.

Bonus, trillium!

After work, it was starting to get windy and the clouds started to roll in, but I still made it home without rain.  It took about an hour coming home, as well.  A lot of that is actually from waiting for traffic - obviously, before 7-8 AM, the traffic is light, and at 3-4 PM, that's not the case.  I get off the main road as quickly as I can so that I can get back to what I like best - just me, Penelope, and a couple of cars that seem to know how to handle a bicyclist - and then the bike path ASAP.

I hope this is the first of many many commutes this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment