Sunday, May 17, 2015

Biking for Breakfast


It's my day off and I woke up early, before my family was stirring, so I decided to go out for a ride and bring home breakfast.

It was a beautiful morning for a ride, and the fog was rising over the lake.
Closed right now, but hi, Local Motion!
Trillium!

I went up the bike path all the way into town (and I was about 10 minutes faster to the waterfront than I was before my tune-up!)


On the way home, I stopped for bagels, and came home to enjoy one with a cup of coffee. 

Waterfront

We have a lot of work to do around the house today, and I didn't want to miss out on a bike ride because of it - so getting a ride in early in the morning was the way to go.


I averaged 11.2 mph, and was out for about an hour and a half, 16 1/2 miles.  I would have kept going if I didn't know my family was waiting on me for breakfast.
I earned this bagel

I love early morning bike rides, because the path is not busy, and the day is so fresh.  I think it's my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment