Sunday, May 24, 2015

Commuting on a Chilly Morning (Nicer Afternoon)

I was stung by a bee last night on my ankle, so I wasn't sure how I would feel about biking in to work this morning - but I woke up feeling decent, so I decided to bite the bullet and go for it.

I woke up, packed my work bag, filled up my water bottle, and off I went.


I forgot to start my biking app before I left home, but I did start it after 7 miles.  I was so much faster than the first time I rode to work!! 


This hill... this hill is my nemesis.  I have to walk half of it.

The other big hill, I was able to ride up!  That was much better than last time.

Morning is a much nicer ride - I leave early enough that I am practically alone, on the bike path, and on the road.  There is almost no traffic to deal with, and right near work there are a couple crossings that get a little dicey later in the day.

Anyhow, the ride to work was delightful!  It only took me an hour, as opposed to the 1 hr 17 minutes it took me the first time.  I had time to change and fix my hair and even some extra time. That was awesome.  I even took the slightly longer (mile-wise) route, because it is more on the bike path and less on the road, so much more pleasant.


The only negative about riding to work is that is is hard to get any groceries on the way home.  I picked up a couple things and filled my baskets to the brim, and the bike was heavier on the way home, but I still made really good time - 58 minutes for 10.7 miles.  This is compared to 1 hour, 22 minutes on the way home for my first ride.


I hope to ride to work again on Monday - the kids are off school.  The rest of the week looks rather unsettled, weather-wise, so we'll see what it brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment